Sunday, April 4, 2010

SEO - why so late?

This week's reading I focused on "What is search engine optimization (SEO)?" and "Anatomy of a Blog Post Well Received". I felt like these articles and videos were very helpful. The articles gave a lot of tips and ideas of how to promote your blog ,as well as, how to generate traffic to your blog. And most of all, how to analyze the traffic your blog is attracting. However, I felt that if they were introduced earlier in the semester, they would have been even more helpful. What do you guys think ?


5 comments:

  1. I think that using SEO at the start of our blogs would have increased traffic...however, now you have the opportunity to compare and contrast traffic from your earlier posts with newer ones that are using SEO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree!
    I feel like the blog posts we do is a learning experience. every entry we write we learn something new about blogging. This blog assignment would have been helpful the second week of class

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also find these topics very interesting, especially when I am currently taking a Marketing class. Now, I have a much better idea on how to set up an effective blog. What is really great is that the material covered in this class is also applicable to my other class as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do acknowledge that blogging is a learning experience. But I still believe that if we had this SEO session much earlier, maybe I would've learned how to attract more traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that you're right in that it may have helped our blogs get pushed to the top of search results if we had read these articles earlier. BUT I also think that our blogs are marginal enough that it wouldn't have mattered much in the first place (no offense :))

    Anyways -- I still think this is really valuable stuff to know. When we Google terms we take it for granted that what we're looking for comes up. It's important to know how that happens!

    ReplyDelete